Thursday, 27 January 2011

4 Push up Variations to build total body strength and look great doing it!!

So over the last 6 months I really haven´t been able to lift heavy free weights due to back and shoulder issues caused muscle imbalances in the body that have steadily grown worse as I have got older. This meant that I have turned to body weight training as my primary training plan to build muscle and strength. After nearly 20 years of using weights I felt a like I was starting again but I soon realised I was wrong and with a little creativity my body is now much stronger and functional than it has been for years.

Now I love push ups and have always wanted to do one arm push ups since I saw Stallone do them in the Rocky films.I am nowhere near this at the moment but have just picked up a copy of convict conditioning which claims to be able to teach you proper one arm push ups plus other bodyweight super strength exercises such as the one legged squat, the one arm pull up and probably the daddy of them all the one arm shoulder press up!!. If you love your body weight training an

Read more ...

No comments:

Post a Comment